Re: finding my gnome version?

The about boxes of each program should tell you what version you have.
There is no single version number for all gnome programs though.  To see
if you have October GNOME, try running the following from a terminal
window:
  rpm -q gnome-libs gnome-core

(you could probably do a similar thing in gnorpm.  Select find and search
for a package matching the label gnome-libs, then one matching
gnome-core).

If the package versions returned are 1.0.5x, you probably already have the
latest.  If not, you could grab the updates from ftp.gnome.org.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/