Re: gnome-libs cvs problem

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, James Henstridge wrote:

> Alright.  What other errors did it spit out before that line?  This looks
> like something went wrong in aclocal.  Aclocal follows all the macro
> dependencies in configure.in and constructs an aclocal.m4 file containing
> all the needed macros.  If you are getting that error, then aclocal.m4 was
> not created properly.
>
> With the autogen.sh script, generally the first error messages are the
> more important ones, rather than the one where the script actually stops.

I had a similar problem which I fixed by copying ORBit.m4 and
oaf.m4 into the gnome-data directory. What happened was that
the latest configure.in script for gnome-libs forces aclocal
to use the gnome-data directory for macro files, but the two
above mentioned files weren't present in that directory.

Norman