Re: finding my gnome version?

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Martin Brown wrote:

> The "About GNOME" display is the same as "System Info", neither of
> which actually has the version info for gnome.  I've just installed RH
> 6.1, and am wondering if I need to update gnome, but I'm not sure what
> version I'm running.

RHL 6.1 comes with gnome-libs 1.0.40 - it is a few releases before October
GNOME. You may want to upgrade to the October GNOME packages available on
www.gnome.org, or wait a few weeks until "official update" packages are
available for 6.1.

> How do you find out?

This is one of those "duh" things that should have been fixed a long time
ago. It is on someone's list now.

-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.