GNOME panel crashes

I was trying to modify the user menu under one user account when I feel
that I did something wrong.  The GNOME panel crashed on me and when I
logout and try again, everytime the process 'panel' is restarted it
crashes due to a segmentation fault  error.  This problem doesn't occur
under any other user accounts so my hunch is that I could copy the panel
properties from one of the other accounts to eliminate the problem.
  What might I be able to do ?
  Thanks in advance,
  Art
begin:vcard
n:Ross;Arthur
tel;fax:937-512-2688
tel;work:937-512-2236
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sinclair Community College;Physics
adr:;;444 West Third Street;Dayton;Ohio;45402;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:aross@donet.com
title:Chairperson
x-mozilla-cpt:;13312