which libs are used for panel?

Hi, I'm running Linux Slackware 4.0 and at one time
had GNOME 1.0 working using Window Maker as a WM.

Then I got smart and decided to upgrade some of the
libraries (I wish I remembered which ones) from
Slackware 7.0. This was not a good idea :-)

Linux and WM work fine now but the GNOME panel
won't come up, when I use gnome-session in my
.xinitrc and run startx all I get is a backdrop
(and then I have to reboot to bail out)(is there
an easier way to get out of a session that has
no windows? it would make testing a lot easier!).

So what I would like to do it to re-install the
*right* libraries to get the panel to work. When
I type in 'panel' from the command line I get a
segmentation fault and gnome-session will not start
it. I'm thinking I could probably re-install those
libraries if I knew what they were and get going
again. Can somebody tell me which libs the panel
uses?

Thanks for any advice!

Chris Conn
cconn@io.com