somehow strange output of xchat-1.3.6 as to my taste

Output is really VERY strange:after approx. 10th use of programm
I missing the output of xchat altogether. Nothing is here,save
black background*have not tampered with settings*The same
behaviour I have observed using some of 0.9.* versions
OS used is fbsd3.2
Any additional questions aimed to cleat my situation are welcome

Regards
Ariel Burbaickij
PS
If this list does not maintain xchat any fruther would you please point me
to the proper one?