Re: Finally! Gnumeric 0.42 is out

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:
>    We have taken a long time to release Gnumeric 0.42, because major
> changes were being done to the rendering engine of Gnumeric.  Release
> 0.41 was done just to clearly mark the "era change" in the internals
> of the program.

One feature I still miss in Gnumeric is the ability to see the same
spreadsheet in more than one place at the same time.  Excel has those
bars that you can drag to the middle of a window, splitting it in two
parts.  Then you can, for example, keep the column headings in one of
the subwindows, while seeing the information in the bottom of the
columns in the other subwindow.

Are there any plans to implement this functionality in Gnumeric?

Regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co