gmc: losing keyboard control & misc questions

Last time I asked I got such good  help  here I'm asking again.  No good
deed goes unpunished...

I am now running WindowMaker and with gmc sometimes I am able to use the
keyboard.  More often I cannot.  I want to do things like Ctl-A, Ctl-R,
return (to execute), delete.  I have not been able to notice a pattern
to explain why this works sometimes and othertimes does nothing.

Also, I am wanting to get file name completion in gmc as well as the
gnome run dialogue.  Is that possible?  Tab certainly doesn't do it.

Also, I want a keystroke to answer "OK" in most menu boxes in gnome. In
gmc's "run command" pulldown dialog thingie, it executes the command I
type when I hit return. But in the most of the rest of gnome, the return
does not execute and I have to mouse up to hit the ok button.  For
example, in gmc when I doubleclick on a nonregistered type, I get a menu
that asks for the program. I type in a program name and hit return but
nothing happens.

One last question. WHen I change gtk themes in gnome--WHAT FUN!--all is
OK except in the themes with dark backgrounds, I cannot read the
filenames in gmc because they are in black letters.  Although the
themes, as they show in the control center, anyway, do seem to have
settings for this, none of them seem to.  Is this happening because
there is a different gtk variable for the color of the directories on
the left, which are shown in white with some themes, and the files on
the right, which are always black?

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu