Re: libxml-1.7.3 configure

> See config.log.

This helps Got some of config.log's output here:

configure:1980: checking for ANSI C header files
configure:1993: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:2060: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/loc
al/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.c  1>&5
configure:2087: checking for malloc.h
configure:2097: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
In file included from configure:2093:
/usr/include/malloc.h:2: warning: #warning "this file includes <malloc.h> which
is deprecated, use <stdlib.h> instead"
configure: failed program was:
#line 2092 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <malloc.h>
..

So question for the above..

configure decides that it doesn't wanna use malloc.h, and recommends stdlib.h.
stdlib.h is checked for and found later ( this is true ).  Seems like the
problem would be solved then.

However, among other things, there is also another header it can't find,
because it doesn't exist
on my box, nan.h.

Soo .. how do I look at the problem?  If configure gives a no on a checking,
has it failed, and can't
I continue making the package ( in this case libxml-1.7.4 )?

Another header it can't find is nan.h - because I don't have it on my box.

Tnx,  rotan.

> >> remove your confing.cache it seems seriously corrupted ...
>
> >    I tried both options, didn't make a difference, but thanks,
>
> That should have read "config.cache" (without the second "n"). Did
> you really remove the file in the directory where you are compiling?
> At least the "(cached)" part should have gone now.

Your right removing config.cache, made the (cached) part dissapear.
What does this mean? If its cached or not what makes the difference in e.g
malloc.h
being there, or not?

tnx, rotan.

--