Re: The industry standard

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_Rathlev?= <jrathlev@gmx.net>
>
> Developers have a choice, but most users will not use several systems at the
> same time, they'll decide on one. The question is whether more users will
> decide on GNOME or on KDE.

How could I know?  Why should I care?

> > So, you may as well ask whether vi or Emacs will win programmer's hearts
> > in the end; and that battle has been going on for close to 20 years.

> Seriously, I think that's something different: People don't design code for
> vi or Emacs (or any other editor).

;;Wrong there.  Here's some.  There's a dozen more megabytes where
;; this came from

(defun scroll-up-line (k) "scroll up one line"
  (interactive "p") (scroll-up k))
(global-set-key "\C-z" 'scroll-up-line)
(set-foreground-color "green")
(set-background-color "black")
(defun mail-query-cc ()
  "Bound to mail-setup-hook to query user about any CC: or BCC: entry.
Intent is to prevent inadvertent sending of CC."
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (cond ((search-forward "\nCC: " (point-max) t)
	   (end-of-line)

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>