RE: GNOME UI Summary [* - Nov 11, 1999]

>IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS SACRED
>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the user REMOVE the text labels from the toolbars!
>A "small icons" option would be nice too- as the user becomes more
>proficient he/she (it?) can switch to the small, label-less icons and get
>more screen real estate for the stuff that really matters - their data!
>I do training and I see this in action!

Then I am the counter example: I understand text faster than draws. What I
like is concise words, and few space between buttons. My GNOME config is
what people call spartan (sorry for all hose guys that spent time paiting
lots of icons and such things). And when I will change current E for FVWM
2.3 or 2.4, that will be really spartan.

BTW, I think you can configure it. What I do not find was a text only
option, IIRC. I will keep investigating later (figthing RH PAM modules is
first in my list).

GSR