Re: GNOME UI Summary [* - Nov 11, 1999]

> IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS SACRED
> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the user REMOVE the text labels from the
toolbars!
> A "small icons" option would be nice too- as the user becomes more
> proficient he/she (it?) can switch to the small, label-less icons and get
> more screen real estate for the stuff that really matters - their data!
> I do training and I see this in action!

Definately! The single thing I hate most about netscape is it's
inflexability in buttonbars compaired to IE. I recall someone suggesting NS
style folding menues, but (and I think gnome is already going in this
direction) IE's style is much more flexable.

If anyone cares or is interested, I sutck two IE screenshots up at:
http://www.rpi.edu/~frantb/gnome/iebigbars.jpg and
http://www.rpi.edu/~frantb/gnome/ielittlebars.jpg
While they are a bit of an exaduration, in addition to removing text lables,
the ability to have the button bar on the same line as the file, edit, etc.
menu bar gives lots more screen realistate.

--Ben