Re: Grabbing mouse and keyboard in a GnomeDialog

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Damien Miller wrote:

> I am already using gnome_dialog_run().
>
> This does not force my WM to focus the dialog, which is what I require.

You can't "require" anything here - the window manager is the one that has
the final say on all that stuff. You could do some bad hacks to try to get
around this, but when it comes down to it, the place to fix window focus
issues is in the window manager.

You might want to make sure you are using gtk_window_set_transient_for(),
so that the window manager will recognize the window grouping etc. and be
more likely to put the window on top of its parent.

-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.