Where are my icons?

Blaugh!

	So I just compiled and installed Gnome 1.0.53 and Enlightenment
0.16.1 on my FreeBSD 3.3 system, putting everything in /usr/local/XXXXX

	Now, everything seems to run fine, EXCEPT:

	Many gnome apps are missing a bunch of icons.

	OK and Cancel buttons have a block square, all menu icons are
block square, BUT -- in the Directory Explorer thingies, Half of the
toolbar icons are good, half are bad, and all the icons for files and
directories are also good.

	i updated to imlib 1.9.8, and rebuilt shared versions of gif,
tiff, png, and jpeg libs.

	Is there anything else I could check.  Any idea what the heck
could cause this?

	Thanks.

	marc.