Re: restoring gnome-terminals to their proper positions

Chris Webster wrote:

> >a couple of days ago I wrote about gnome-session not properly restoring my
> >sessions, in particular, my gnome-terminals. what happens is that upon
> >restoring a session, all the gnome-terminals show up in the wrong virtual
> >desktops with wrong locations and sizes. because I use Enlightenment I got
> >the advice to take it up with the E people.
> >
> >well, after asking them and doing some experimenting myself, it turns out
> >that gnome-terminal (version 1.0.54) is actually the only application that
> >fails to be properly restored across sessions.
> >
> >strangely the older gnome-terminal that comes with RedHat 6 does work ok.
> >obviously something has changed, but what? could this be a bug with
> >gnome-terminal?
>
> Did you choose, "Remember all" from on of the g-t title bars?  I did this,
> and it caused all my g-t's from all desktops to show up in the same spot on
> desktop 0.  Remove .gnome* and start over was the fix for me.

do you mean the 'remember' command in the E menus? or are you referring to
some other 'remember' command?

deleting the stuff in .gnome solves the problem, but it reappears after a
while and gradually gets worse (until all gnome-terminals appear in desktop
0 again).