Re: bug-buddy 0.1

Next try -- the first time mail mail didn't pass the mailinglist
software setup ;-(  Sorry, Jacob if you see this mail twice.

Jacob Berkman <jberkman@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

|   The goal of bug-buddy is to make reporting bugs very simple and easy
|   for the user, while making the reports themselves more useful and
|   informative for the developer.

Yes, that will certainly be useful.

My hope is, GNOME programs can offer an "Sent Bug Report..." entry in
the "About..." menu.  The next dialog can ask for example:

    There's a bug or a problem with:

    (x) This program XYZ
    ( ) GNOME program _________
    ( ) GNOME in general (libraries, documentation, etc.)

                            <OK>    <Abort>

But before digging deeper, I've to check out your program first...

|   	- yes, some information about your system will be submitted
|   	  to the bug tracking system.  This is limited to versions of
|   	  system and gnome components, but I figure I should mention it.

Good, that you think about privacy.  I guess, it's okay, if you display
the complete report to the user before submitting.  And the amount of
data to submit could be customizable.

|   	- bug reports for bug-buddy are appreciated

;)

--
work: ke@suse.de                          |
        : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |       ------    ,__o