Re: several problems/queries

>> The last thing is just a query, i've noticed that you can get back to
>> the main console [the place b4 x is activated] by pressing ctrl + alt
>> + F? but i can't get back in any1 know how to do this?
>ctrl+alt+F[1-6] takes you to a console.
>ctrl+alt+F7 takes you to the X-server if one is running.
>ctrl+alt+F10 takes you to a screen with log messages from the kernel

That is install dependant. By default RH does only set the first two. Other
distros / install can set anything they want. The thing about text consoles
are set in /etc/inittab and the logs in /etc/syslog.conf (IIRC, I am away
from Unix machines at this moment).

For example I set (personally, if distro does not) tty11 to be a secure top
(slow refresh and you can only watch, not kill processes) and tty12 as dump
of all logs (but only in machines that are under physical control, so
friends or me can see what is happening any time, without logging in).

GSR