Re: How to change names of some desktop symlinks?

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 07:33:56AM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> Did you try clicking on the icon name, and renaming the icon there?

I am having the exact same problem as above.  I am running Red Hat 6, and
I removed netscape communicator and installed netscape navigator.  So to
make my default desktop shortcut exec netscape-navigator instead of
netscape-communicator, I edited the Applet_5.desktop file, and changed the line

Exec=/usr/bin/netscape-communicator
Exec=/usr/bin/netscape-navigator

And that works, but I can't figure out how to change the name of the link on
the desktop.  I tried changing

Name=Netscape Communicator
Name=Netscape Navigator

but it had no effect, even after I did a "Rescan desktop" from the right-click
menu.

--
Colin Walters
walters.159@osu.edu