Re: orbit documentation

> nothing I already knew. There is no c code for me to look at. :(
> Is there a document that goes in debth about coding corba stuff in c?
> (I have already looked at the orbit howto and the code in there is not
> documented well enough for me to understand it.)

There's no good ORBit tutorial that I know of, but there are several small
examples in the test/ directory from the ORBit CVS tree (probably in the
distribution src tarballs too, but I don't know for sure).

In particular the echo test (mentioned in the white paper) is a very useful
intro to ORBit.  It was enough to get me started, and made figuring out
the rest (at least to an intermediate level) easy.

At this point, I think you have to rely on reading other people's code.  But
I found GNOME code (especially gmc and panel) very easy to read.

Oh, and I've also found Elliot to be very patient and friendly in fielding
my ORBit questions.  Thanks Elliot. :)

Cheers,
Jason.