Re: Gnome panel/pager idea

I'd been thinking of something similar...
I have a small screen, so I'd like to be able to put everything on a 25pxl
thick panel... obviously most applets as well as launchers and menus, etc.
are designed for 50pxls. What I'd like to see is two things:

	1)User definable sizes for launchers, menus and drawars. There is
an applet that is a collection of small launchers... not very cleen. If
there could be little 25x25 pxl launchers, that would allow the panel to
be smaller for those who want that.
	2)An ability to set it so that applets use as little vertical
space as possible. If I have no menus or launchers are on a panel "holding
up" the top edge, then it should be possible for applets to see that they
are the ones "holding up" the panel and reconfigure themselves if they
can. Three examples: 1. I can set the pager to be one row of pagers and
one row of buttons, but if it's the only thing on the panel, it could see
that and automaticly become thin. 2. Same with the CDplayer. 3. GnomeICU
is horizontal in a verticle panel but vertical in a horizontal panel. If I
have a horizontal panel full of "thin" things, GnomeICU could see that it
is "pushing" the panel out to 50pxls rather than 25, and then decide to be
in its horizontal mode. (did that make any sense?)

Some would not like this sort of an option, but with a screen 600pxls
high, reducing it to 550pxls is anoying.

--Ben