Re: Miguel horribly misquoted?

> Thing is: the question was something like "what do you think about
> kde" or something.  I forget exactly what.  And that is how I felt at
> that point.

And from there it starts. :)

> I sadly did not study for public relations.  I am a math drop-out.  So
> my excuse for the day is: I am learning the hard way to discuss things
> with myself mentally before opening my big mouth :-).

Me neither.  But just watching the whole Linux/open source and how the
media has covered it has really opened my eyes.  The media's goal is to
sell papers.  Controversy sells papers, so if they can get that angle in
they will.  Thats the pattern I've been seeing.

> But I was asked to state my opinion on this.  So, I gave my opinion.
>
> Last I checked, I have not achieved god status yet, so anything I say,
> should be regarded as my opinion and not some inmutable nature law.

Yeah, we know that, you know that, but unfortunately the public at large
will natural link you with the GNOME project.  If the press interviewed me
and I said something derisive regarding KDE, and it was printed, people
would probably link me with what the general attitude within GNOME is.

> I was not making a public statement for the GNOME project, nor any
> sort of public announcement.  It was just my reply to a question.

Actually everytime GNOME has been covered you're the one that has been
interviewed so people have sort of gotten into their collective minds that
they speak with GNOME's voice.

The thing is you're really just the victim, I fully blame the press for
this.

> I have just been away for a long time from Mexico.  I am now back
> home, and slowly reading my mail backwards.

Welcome back. :-)

	regards,

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/