Re: Writing free documentation/GNOME books

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> writes:

> | I truly hope you don't think the User documentation is lacking as that
> | would be a real ego deflater for me. The project has grown good feet
>
> I would say that the User documentation is good at least.

This is my point exactly. What do you think would make it Great? I
need to know.. I need you to write, not simply think about it.

> | Now it is time to focus on the GTK, and GNOME developers documentation
> | and I hope there isn't anyone complaining about it that hasn't
> | contributed because that would be very counter-productive.
>
> As you say I feel that documentation is lacking somewhat here. It
> would be nice with a little more than the reference manual.

Agreed, but reference is the first step. If a new developer can't see all
that is available to him/her then a tutorial will only teach them the
exercise in it.

We have to remember that there is a large amount of developers who
just don't read the source, they read the reference.

Another point:

After this is done if we don't have an indexed/searchable browser for
all of this, it doesn't matter much. If you are more hacker than
writer then start working on this.

Dave
--

          David Mason