ESD 500-700 interupts/sec

I have the newest ESD from unstable debian and it causes (either directly
or indirectly) ~600 interupts/second.

My evidence is that With esd running, I get about 800 int/s with it
running I get ~100 int/s under "vmstat 1".

Is this normal/healthy?  I've been trying to "speed up" my linux under my
450 Mhz AMD processor with SoundBlaster AWE32 and 128megs of mem.

"Good health" is merely the slowest rate at which one can die.

The Doctor What: A Holtje Production                    (finger for PGP key)