Re: ESD 500-700 interupts/sec

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 06:47:32PM -0500, The Doctor What wrote:
> I have the newest ESD from unstable debian and it causes (either directly
> or indirectly) ~600 interupts/second.
>
> My evidence is that With esd running, I get about 800 int/s with it
> running I get ~100 int/s under "vmstat 1".
>
> Is this normal/healthy?  I've been trying to "speed up" my linux under my
> 450 Mhz AMD processor with SoundBlaster AWE32 and 128megs of mem.
>
> Ciao!

I seem to have that too. Could this have anything to do with the slowdown
I'm experiencing while esd is active (but not doing anything)? I still
haven't seen my slowdown confirmed by anyone else, so it might be
some hardware quirk. Still, imho, this slowdown should not be necessary
even on my system, since this slowdown is unique to esd (I can play
wavs without any performance hit).

Ronald