Re: Solaris zvt problem found and squashed

On 24 May, Raja R Harinath wrote:
+-----
| allbery@ece.cmu.edu writes:
| > On 24 May, Paul Barnfather wrote:
| > | chown: unknown user id root.root
| > | make[1]: [install-exec-local] Error 2 (ignored)
| > |
| > | Is the error significant? Please excuse my total ignorance...
| > | The `chown` syntax looks wrong to me. Do I need a GNU chown?
| >
| > This is GNOME; you have to be running "GNU/Solaris", not merely Solaris.
|
| chown supports both syntaxes.  So, your flame appears gratuitous,
| since it doesn't suggest an alternative.  We can fix the above problem
| by using separate chown and chgrp commands, and I've committed that fix.
+--->8

Which is, of course, the "correct" fix and should be fairly well known to
anyone not firmly stuck in the "all the world's a GNU" context.  I should not
have to explain the portable version of such simple things....

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu