[ANNOUNCE] gEdit 0.5.3

editor for Gnome. To run this version of gEdit you require at least Gtk+ 1.2.3
and Gnome 1.0.9. We now have full integration with the Gnome environment. This
release is a lot more stable than 0.5.2, many of the wierd and wonderful bugs
that cropped up have now been dealt with and I am happy to say this release is
as stable as 0.5.1. Yes, there still are bugs, but nothing to affect day-to-day
usage. This release also brings in new features.

	* File Revert, so you can bring back the stored copy of a file, quickly
	  and easily.

	* Customisable Window Size settings, so now you can decide how big or
	  small the window is when you start gEdit (This has been a very much
	  asked for feature).

	* Customisable scrollbars, finally implemented this long time requested
	  feature - Scrollbar is invisible until text overflows the widget, is
	  the default now (instead of having it visible all the time).

	* New plugins!
	  These include:
	   * "Insert Time" - To insert the current date and time
	     into the current document.
	   * "Man Viewer" - This lets you look up man pages within gEdit.
	   * "Wordcount" - This counts the number of characters, words and
	     paragraphs in the current document.

	* Numerous important bug fixes, increasing stability since 0.5.2.
	  Thanks to users for finding many of the little, more sneeky, bugs.
	  (The ChangeLog file documents these many fixes).

Source tarballs are available for download from http://gedit.pn.org; RPMs will be
available (As soon as some are built).

Any comments, bugs, etc. can be directed to me <bse@gedit.pn.org> or (This is
preferred) the mailing list, information is available at the web site.

Thanks
--
| Alex Roberts          | Find me on IRC                    |