Re: The State Of The Art

Michael ROGERS <M.Rogers@cs.ucl.ac.uk> engraved this on a rock:
>(Forgive me if I'm missing something important, BUT...)
>  Couldn't a window manager running under X do this fairly simply?
>I don't see
>why it would be much more difficult to handle than "flat"
>multiple desktop areas.
Yes!  Indeed - that's one reason why it occurred to me as an obvious
starting point; from a WM point of view it's not that difficult a trick.

>The hardest part would probably be the pager/mini-view -
>how would
>you show the inner surface of a sphere?
Same way that LucasArts' Tie Fighter (or XWing or BWing ) shows the forward
and backward radar views; top right shows a circle which is the half of the
sphere facing forward, top left shows a sphere which is the half facing
back.

dr geek