gnome-session problems ?

Hey all

I've been having quite a few problems lately with gnome not starting when X starts. Just now gnome-session only started panel, gmc etc. about 4 hours after running X. Yes, I am making no mistake. X runs, wmaker loads fine. I work on stuff for about 4 hours and suddenly up pops gnome-panel and gmc. It looks like the problem lies with gnome-session.

In the past I've also had that gnome-panel suddenly doesn't use my old session's preferences anymore, then I have to add menus, configure etc. all over again. Can someone explain to me the idea behind having different sessions? Why not have panel load up and just always use the settings in ~/.gnome/panel.d ?

Regards

Sarel Botha          |              X              | +27 341 81341
System Administrator |       Internetworking       | BOX 2065, Dundee
(sjb@dundee.lia.net  |          Solutions          | 3000, South Africa
 "The End is near." -- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7771/666.htm