Re: New user ...opinion.

On Sun, 23 May 1999, A Palsson wrote:

Very true. The one thing that GNOME needs more than anything right now, I
think, is a program which will automate its installation - allow the user
to select what portions of GNOME he/she wants, then download and install
all the necessary packages for it (and all several billion libraries
required) and fix up the .xinitrc file. This should be usable with most or
all of the major distros. With this, GNOME would truly beat Windows in
every area (except perhaps available software, and we're working on that).

- Bill