Re: CORE dumps be gone ?

A more correct way to get rid of `those annoying core dumps' is to get rid
of the bugs in the applications.  To do that, sending in stack traces from
gdb is quite helpful.  Telling the OS not to dump core files makes this a
lot harder to do.

Just remember that if you turn core files off, you will have a much harder
time tracking down bugs (and you won't be as helpful to developers when
they ask for a back trace).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au