Re: CORE dumps be gone ?

dennis wrote:

> Is there any way to tell gnome not to repart core dumps... ?
> I'm sick of deleting the dman sucker from my .gnome-desktop when ever
> something goies wrong.
> I don't get many, but I have tried of seeing the little blighters.

In your shell's startup script (.bash_profile, .login, etc.) add the
following line:

ulimit -c 0

That tells the OS not to write core files bigger than 0 bytes.  Which is
to say, not to write them at all!  Of course, this causes _all_ crashes
to happen silently.
--
= Warren Young, maintainer of the Winsock Programmer's FAQ at:
=     http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/