Re: Miguel horribly misquoted?

>Hall [5/20/99 7:43 PM]:
>To state that something "has no future" and not think it may offend someone
>? When I read it, I said, "ouch!"
First of all, he said "it has no future AT THIS POINT", which means, in my opinion, that he was asked something specific about KDE and he said his opinion about this specific matter (even project coordinators may have opinions I think) and that's all... But, anyway, I cannot see where is the offence, it is just an opinion. If he had said "KDE is a shit, DO NOT USE KDE", it would have offended lots of people and I would be the first one to start the discussion, but I don't see the point for all this discussion. There is lots of critics to GNOME apps in the lists (this does not work, this is bad...bla, bla, bla) and the maintainers are not offended (are they not?), so why KDE maintainers have to be offended by a simple opinion.

>Also, apparently someone has ran across an audio version of this interview
>and the words really did come out of his mouth...no mis-quoting by the
>reporter. Note: I have *not* heard the audio myself.
I haven't heard the interview neither