Re: Miguel horribly misquoted?

> Here's a quote from the article...maybe this is it:
>
> "I don't think KDE has a future at this point, it's not completely free yet

This is of course pure conjecture.  It's not for us to say whether KDE has
a future or not.  Thats up to the people who use it.  It was ill advised
to use these choice of words.  KDE users will get the impression that
GNOME is out to get them and will either further ingrain themselves to KDE
out of pure stubborness or will nitpick GNOME to death.

However, my main point is whether this is truly what was said or was it
misquoted or said under the wrong context. The press likes nothing better
than feuds because it generates press.  Something to crow about.  Are KDE
and GNOME really in competition?  If yes, why?  If no, then don't allow
the press to position GNOME in competition with KDE.

Now, I think what Miguel was saying was that technically KDE might be
shooting itself in the foot because it used a toolkit that isn't truly
owned by the community and it's direction is not truly owned by the
community.  It also dedicated itself to a single language and is limited
by that language.  Fine.  But once again it's not for GNOME to say that
KDE is a dead end.  As long as users don't mind these limitations, who
cares?  If GNOME truly is technically better than that will show as GNOME
matures.

(Miguel doesn't normally participate in these kind of threads, but it
would be nice to clarify what exactly made him say that)

	sri