Re: gnome-session

> 1. When starting IceWM/gnome-session, I don't want gmc to start up at all. I
> mean those icons on the desktop. But how can I stop it? SIGTERM kills gmc but
> it's restarted immediately.

Open up the GNOME control panel (gnomecc from an xterm), and go to "Session
Managment", and remove gmc from the list of running programs.  You should also
make sure that your session is saved on logout.  Then log out, and log back in.  gmc shouldn't start up.

> 2. When I start without session management, I can't log out as usual. How can I
> log out without using CTRL-ALT-BACK? Or is it save to log out this way?

Depends on your .xinitrc.  Whatever the last program you run will be the
"magic" program, and if you quit it you will be logged out.0

--
Colin Walters
walters.159@osu.edu

PGP signature