Re: gnome and WindowMaker

Yeah, those instructions look right -- for Gnome v0.30 or so, if I remember
correctly !! Is this still spelled out somewhere that people haven't fixed?
Like a web page, an INSTALL file, etc, etc ?? Almost daily, someone posts a
message with the *wrong* startup script (using Gnome session mgmt)...

As you already been told, the correct script is basically:

exec gnome-session

Using WindowMaker takes a couple more steps, but is no problem ... either
editing a file (that I don't recall right now) or open the Gnome Control
Center and selecting WindowMaker from the WindowManager capplet.