gnome and WindowMaker

Hi all:

I have some problem to let gnome and windowMaker work together smoothly on
my redhat 6.0.  If I use default X start mode and select windows manager
as Windowmaker from the contral center of gnome, the gnome panel is loaded
very slowly and the windowmaker's desktop background disappears after
panel is loaded. If I use .xinitrc, the windowmaker and gnome panel are
loaded very fast; but "log out" of gnome does not work, it shows a lot of
error after X is closed done by WindowMaker.

here is the .xinitrc I am using:

background-properties --init &
keyboard-properties --init &
mouse-properties --init &