Re: drive mount applet problems

Ben Frantzdale wrote:

> I've been trying to get the drive mount applet to work as a normal user.
> after looking at the help page, I edited /etc/fstab so that my CD,floppy
> and Zip drives included "user" in the propper place. I am still unable to
> mount those drives as a user from the command line or from the applets. am
> I missing something. I have logged out and back in and rebooted... no
> dice.

Ben:

Drive mount works on my RH6.0 box for both floppy and Jaz (which oughta
be similar to Zip).  Here are the relevant lines in /etc/fstab:

/dev/fd0      	/mnt/floppy    vfat
noauto,user,async,suid,umask=0000         0 0
/dev/sdc4       /mnt/jaz       vfat
noauto,user,async,suid,umask=0000

I'm not sure what difference the "noauto" or "async" make, but they
could be relevant...

Dan
--
Daniel Lyddy		daniell@cs.berkeley.edu
UC Berkeley Vision and Virtual Environments Lab