Re: gmc slow on solaris 2.6

>Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:10:56 -0500
>From: Glenn Kronschnabl <grk@arlut.utexas.edu>

>When I double click on an icon on the right pane, gmc takes several
>seconds (>10) to update and redraw the screen.  If I just use the tree
>on the left hand side, and click on the '+', then everything seems quick
>and there is no delay.
>
>Anyone else seeing this?

Yup, me - I was the guy you mention below.  gmc goes and re-scans all the
directories below where you are whenever you move directory in it.  So if you
have a large autofs /home, you're stuffed.  It was *4 minutes* wait for me =OZ

>Also, there was a thread awhile back about special dirs (/afs,/net,/:)
>to name a few.  If our users home directories are all mounted at /home
>(including mine), should I include /home as one of the special
>directories?  Should I just add a [Special dirs] section to my ~/.mc/ini
>file to add it?

Spot on =O)  I have this in mine, and it makes a world of difference:

[Special dirs]
list=/calls,/TechDocs,afs,/coda,/...,/:,/net,/home,/vol

Try that?

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'         "Everything is true, for a given value of 'true'" - PTerry