Weird menu behaviour

Hi,

This isn't a problem of my own; I'm sending this on behalf of my dad.
Apparently, since he upgraded to RH 6.0, which solved a whole heap of
problems with his machine, a rather strange thing has started happening
with the GNOME menu. After some time using it, the menu options stop
working. The menu itself still opens up, but clicking an entry doesn't
work, so he has to CTRL-ALT-Backspace his way out of X. The problem is
solved when he disables his network card.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? I can get any more info
about his system if necessary.

Thanks

Allan

Allan Third (allan@mindless.com)
http://www.gla.ac.uk/Clubs/WebSoc/~9607436t/

"Not everything in black and white makes sense...."