Re: Making SRPMS or RPMS

On Sun, 16 May 1999, Daniel Serodio wrote:

> 	I'd really like to see RPMs of gdm2, but I don't want to mess
> with CVS...

gdm2 poses some challenges to my build environment, and I wish they
wouldn't do things quite the way they did.  The problem is that inside
gdm2/, the only thing that's changed (besides the code) is the version
number.  If you were to do `make dist` on there you'd get
gdm-2.x.x.tar.gz, not gdm2-2.x.x.tar.gz.  This means that the basic
assumption my scripts make that the name is constant thruout is invalid.
This sucks.

I'll see if I can fix my scripts, but I've got plenty of stuff on my plate
(work, the Expo, etc.) so don't hold your breath.  I may do a manual RPM
just to get it out there for people until I get stuff working.

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user