Re: Screensaver not being configured

>On Thu, 13 May 1999, James Green wrote:
>
>> I have RH6, with tarballs for Gnome/E, etc.
>>
>> I have in the Gnome Control Center selected No Screensaver and Start after
>> 0 Minutes.
>>
>> After some ten minutes, my screen goes blank, and I need to move the mouse
>> or press a key to bring it back - the screensaver kicks in.
>>
>> Any ideas what could be wrong?
>

>I've noticed this too, the screensaver config stuff seems to work fine,
>unless you try and turn the screensaver off, and then it just doesn't like
>you.  I submitted a bug report a bit back, haven't checked on it recently.

I've found that I get xscreensaver-command error messages if I turn the
screensaver off, because screensaver-properties-capplet apparently runs
xscreensaver-command even if xscreensaver wasn't started. The fix is to
remove screesaver-properties-capplet from your Startup Programs, but it
really shouldn't add itself if "No Screensaver" is selected.

Michael Rogers