Re: GTK window manager

On 12 May 1999 11:47:54 -0400, Richard Hult <rhult@hem2.passagen.se> wrote:

>> A small, quick window manager heavily based on GNOME.
>>
>> IceWM seems like a good window manager, that almost
>> fullfill these wishes, so why don't we base the GTK wm
>> on this.
>
>I think this is a very good idea! IceWM is fast and small and has a lot of
>gnome compliance. A few quirks, but nothing uncureable.

A good number of IceWM settings are hard-coded in at compile time
(including key bindings & such), and it most likely duplicates a lot of
functionality that is built into GNOME (e.g. gnome_config). You may be
better off starting from scratch, using IceWM as a source of ideas and
code snippets. You would have to change the design anyways for a Gtk-based
WM. (Once upon a time I started writing such a beast - once you could drag
around windows, it got boring rather quickly...)

-- Elliot
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
	- Sign carried outside US embassy.