Re: GTK window manager

> A small, quick window manager heavily based on GNOME.
>
> IceWM seems like a good window manager, that almost
> fullfill these wishes, so why don't we base the GTK wm
> on this.

I think this is a very good idea! IceWM is fast and small and has a lot of
gnome compliance. A few quirks, but nothing uncureable.

> We can then start with removing what we don't need:
>
> * the icewm panel, etc
> * the theme support (if people want themes, they can use
>   enlightenment)

At least some parts of it will still be themable... gtk themes :)

This would be great especially for the people that don't have much memory
and a fast cpu. People keep on saying that E isn't that bad with a light
theme but I can tell the difference easily on my P166 w/ slow graphics
card.

Richard