Re: Little Project

+++ Sun, May 09, 1999 at 06:58:48PM +0200 +++
Preben Randhol e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> mawarkus@t-online.de (Matthias Warkus) writes:
>
> | I write a Gnome application that displays a Nassi-Shneiderman diagram
> | where every part of it (all the triangles, squares and awkward hooks)
> | is a button?
>
> What does a Nassi-Shneiderman diagram look like? Is there a picture
> somewhere on the web that shows one?

They're also called "structograms" in German; I don't know whether
Anglo-Saxons use that word. They look more or less like this:

+------------------------------+
| while foo is true            |
|   +--------------------------+
|   | do bar                   |
+---+--------------------------+
\                              /
|\  Request pending?          /|
| \                          / |
|Y \                        / N|
| process it   | switch context|

Most German CS books I know use these a lot. They are the Dijkstraian
equivalent of flowcharts, so to say, since gotos are impossible to
chart.

mawa
--
(Speaking of Beethoven's Ode to Joy:) This is certainly great music to
blow things up by!