Re: Applet_Config created from where?

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 09:27:43AM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> I hadn't looked into the problem as far as I should have.  If you take a
> look at the Appliet_Config file you posted, it has absoulte paths for the
> .desktop files.  You could try modifying them to point to some system wide
> directory where you would put them.  So basically change the
> /home/default/.gnome/panel.d/default/... in your config files to some
> other directory, and move the .desktop files for the default panel config
> there.
>
> Currently there is not much support for the type of system wide
> configuration, so some aspects may not be as easy to do as they should.
> It should improve in later versions of gnome.

as he said ...

also note that it still seems that section/file cleaning does not work
completely ... for example there was a .desktop file listed for an Extern
applet ... that parameters field should have been cleared, it is harmless and
if it gets copied, that file will not get copied to the new config location
... so stuff that wasn't moved might have also been stuff that wasn't
actually used anyway

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: