Re: help needed

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 08:31:57PM -0400, landie wrote:
> this is my last request for help.  i installed all gnome core rpms in my
> suse 6.0 and when i start "startx gnome"  kde comes up,  can some one assit
> me

You want to edit your .Xclients

#!/bin/bash

esd -as 2 &
icewm &
exec gnome-session

If that doesn't work, try just "exec gnome-session" in your .Xclients.
Also make this file executable.

The other way to do it is to open whatever window manager you have, then
start gnome-session and panel from xterms.

It helps to have a gnome-aware wm -- I use icewm.

--
Rebecca Ore