Re: gnome pager error

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 01:08:45PM -0400, Edward Dunagin wrote:

> when i try and add the gnome pager applet to the panel it bombs out
> and says i am not running a gnome compliant window manager.
> i'm running icewm-0.9.2  that came with my gnome package.

I find that I have to open the file manager and the desktop
configuration tool (and I'm sorry I can't remember in which order) to
get the gnome pager applet to accept icewm.  And I recompiled it after
upgrading my current gnome and gtk.  I suspect something like "touch
icewm" might work, but haven't tried that.  I open gmc just after
restarting icewm, otherwise, I get the cascade of gmcs for each desktop
icon that I believe others have reported.

--
Rebecca Ore