GMC Problems

Hi,

   OK I got GNOME + Icewm 0.9.38 up and running on my
   Solaris 2.5.1 box for the first time. It looks great
   esp with the GNOME footprint background.

   But gmc seems to be a pain. First, things are pretty slow.
   Secondly gmc creates a whole load of <defuct> processes
   as I execute programs from it. Thirdly the memory
   consumption also grows substantially.

   For now I have disabled gmc but would really love to
   use it -- any help is appreciated.

   By the way I have a 270 MHZ processor & 128 MB ram.

Regards,
Moinak.