Re: projects for a beginner to work on?

I'm not sure if you want to jump right in with this, so I may be talking to
somebody else, but I thought of one program that I'd like to see someone
write.

I'd like to see a simple personal and easy to use personal back-up
program.  Basically what I'd like to be able to do is drag a file or
directory from the GMC to the backup window or icon and it would add that
file or directory to the backup set.  When you run the backup it would
create a tar.gz file wherever you tell it to.  Of course you could set it
to run automatically.  I've seen something like this for windows and it
would be cool to have it in Gnome.  Most backup program are overkill for
the average user who just wants to automatically copy a few files and/or
directories to a zip disk every now and again.  Basically I think the code
for gTar or a similar program could be modified to do something like this.

Brady

PS:  I'd work on this myself but I'm trying to create an OCR program (at
least the GUI component) and it's very slow going.