Re: projects for a beginner to work on?

> I'm brand new to gnome/gtk programming. . .i.e. I've never done
> it before.  I do have some C/C++ programming experience, though
> I'd have to say I'm still a novice to intermediate programmer.  I
> am very much interested in getting involved with the GNOME
> project, but don't know where to start.  Any advice?  Should I
> just start looking at source?  Is there a project or app that I
> could work on that would be relatively gentle for a newcomer?  I
> learn quickly.

I suggest that you take a look at the development documentation at
www.gnome.org. It's not complete yet though. Then I would suggest that
you look at the source code for some of the simpler and shorter programs.
Start playing around with your own program, that's the best way to learn,
at least for me.

I think there's some simple stuff in gnome-libs/gnome-hello or something
similar.

When you've got the basics, I suggest taking a look at the source code
of Gnumeric. It's really clean and nice, and uses the object model of
Gtk+ in a nice way.

Regards,
Richard